Thursday, November 29, 2012

What Had Happened Was.....

The plan was that I would take the weekend off from working out and start 30 Day Shred again on Monday.  My knee was really bothering me after my big Turkey Trot success (hair flip) and I didn’t want to make it worse.  (I’m not 100% sure what “shins” are but I AM 46.89% sure that I had shin splints).  I didn’t overindulge on Thanksgiving (patting self on back) and planned to stay on track even though I wouldn’t be working out. 
Well, those dreams were crushed.  Saturday I started feeling weak and tingly (not in the good way) and laid on the couch all.day.long.  I finally went to bed at 6:30pm and left Mr. Fluff for some quality time with Fluffette.  I still felt bad on Sunday and apparently so did Fluffette.  As I was bringing her back to the living room after an hour of trying to put her down for the night with no luck, she projectile vomited all over me.  I am not exaggerating when I say that I was covered from neck to knee and stood in a puddle of nastiness.  I have truly never seen that much vomit in my life.  Here’s a reenactment of my face for the next four hours after that happened… (yes, i look like a bassett hound)

Monday morning came and working out was the furthest thing from my mind.  Not only had I not eaten more than a couple of bites of food in two days but now, Mr. Fluff was sick.  He NEVER gets sick and even called in to work.  I can’t even remember the last time he called in.  He does NOT miss work for any reason so I knew he felt awful.  I, on the other hand, would call in to work because my pinky hurt.  They give you sick days to USE.  Duh.  Those two days were pretty much a blur.  Mr. Fluff didn’t leave the bed and Fluffette and I spent a lot of time cuddled on the couch watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel.  (don’t judge)
I won’t bore you with all the explosive 'rhea and vomit details gory details of the last few days in my house but I will say that A. we have never been more happy to have two bathrooms and B. I had puh-lenty of time to catch up on my US Weekly’s stacked in the bathroom. 
I’m still not 100% so I’m keeping it short today (that’s what she said).  The good news is that since I haven’t eaten much in 5 days, I’ve lost almost 4 pounds and down to 182.  I am now 7 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight!!!!! 
HAPPY 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY, FLUFFETTE!!!!!


There is ALWAYS a silver lining,
Fluffy in Frisco

No comments:

Post a Comment