Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Recipe Roundup: Tex-Mex Turkey

Last night I made this recipe and absolutely loved it!  I got this recipe out of a Weight Watchers Magazine and couldn't find the recipe online so, since I love you, I will type out the whole damn recipe.  (read: you better effing make it)

Tex-Mex Turkey
Prep: 10 mins   Cook: 25 mins     Serves:4

Mix 1 tbsp Mexican-style chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp black pepper in small bowl; rub over all sides of 1 (1 lb) turkey tenderloin.  Put 1 sliced red onion, 1 1/2 cups trimmed fresh green beans, and 1 cup fresh corn (i use frozen and it works fine) in stockpot colander insert.  Nestle turkey into vegetables: sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt over turkey and vegetables.  Set insert into stockpot over 3 inches simmering water.  Cover and steam until vegetables are tender and instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of turkey registers 166 degrees, 20-25 minutes.  Remove insert. Transfer turkey to large cutting board; cover and let stand 5 minutes.  Cut turkey into 12 slices; serve with vegetables and 1/2 cup fat-free salsa.

***I used a tall chili pot and a metal colander.  I also served this with a salad because, honestly, this is not at all enough veggies for 4 servings.  Today I had the leftover turkey over a salad and it was delicious!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment