Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Carpe the Carpal


I was on medical leave last week....from blog world....because I had Carpal Tunnel Surgery a week ago Friday.  I was not AT ALL prepared for how out of commission I would be. I couldn't do anything at all with Fluffette for a good 4 days.  I'm not gonna lie, the first couple of days were nice.  No responsibility.  No cooking.  No shytty diapers.  I laid in bed for the better part of those two days hopped up on Hydrocodone.  It was delicious.

I guess I just didn't think that a 15 minute surgery was really that big of a deal. I wasn't at all nervous about surgery as I've had multiple procedures in the past.  I remember coming back from my 'rainbows and unicorns' state of mind after the surgery and talking about the following with whomever was in the room.

1.  My neon panties. I don't remember exactly what I said but I do remember bringing them up and declaring that "neon is so in this season".
2.  Drinking.  I would be attending a bachelorette party the next night and needed to make sure I was ok to drink.  This one was so important that I asked about it no less than 3 times.
3.  I also asked them to "do my other hand so I can get another nap".

I'd had multiple appointments with these same people so they were fully aware that I am bat shyt crazy and seemed undaunted by my declarations and requests.

On the way home from the surgery center, an intense feeling of nauseousness came on and I advised Mr. Fluff to IMMEDIATELY pull over.  As I rolled out of his truck in some PINK sweatpants and my NKOTB (new kids on the block) t-shirt, I sat on the curb......with my finger down my throat.....throwing up sprite.....on a major street....in rush hour traffic.....in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Plano.   

It was only then, that Mr. Fluff realized just how lucky he is to have me.

Since I'm typing with one shytty hand....and another, even shyttier hand, I'll keep the typing to a minimum.  Here's a few pictures from the last week.

NKOTB in the Hizzie!  My right hand swelled up like the Michelin Man.


My Captain Morgan shot that I sent to a friend to see if my outfit was ok for the Bachelorette party.  I tried to put a giant bracelet on to hide my brace.  The bracelet almost broke so I put a gaudy ring on instead....then it got stuck on my swollen finger.  


This past Saturday, 3 Generations of Fluffs did a 5k.  #babymakinhips


Frisco StrEATS Food Truck Festival. Fluffette loved feeling the wind in her hair.  

Nutella, Peanut Butter and Bacon Slider.  UN-FLIPPIN-BELIEVABLE.  You can't tell by this picture but my panties are definitely moist.  It was the best thing I've put in my mouth in a while.  


For those of you that aren't easily grossed out, I'll share a picture of my incision.  If you ARE easily grossed out, please hit the X in the top right hand corner of your screen.  I'll be posting my Cleanse results in a couple of days.
~
~
~
~
~
~
Seriously....I'm gonna post a picture.....are you ready???  #lastchancetogetthefluffout
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment