Monday, June 10, 2013

A Baby Boy and Some Recipes

As promised, I want to share some recipes with you that I used at Fluffette's First Birthday Party.  But first, I FINALLY got to meet little BoBo and he is even cuter in person.  **shout out to Hippy's friends that have started calling him BoBo.  I love annoying the crap out of her!

 I know I'm biased since he'll one day be my son in law, but I would venture to say that he is the most precious little boy I've ever seen!  (well....other than my friends that read this blog and have baby boys. In which case, disregard my previous comment because I prolly told you that your baby boy was the cutest I've ever seen.  I'm super shady like that)


I have way too much time on my hands sometimes!  I used Pic Stitch for this....uh-dicting.  #yesfluffettelookslikeaboysometimes  #iloveheranyway

Alright....on to the food!  The theme of the party was Pink Lemonade stand so I made sure that all decorations and desserts matched the theme.  If I were Martha Stewart, I would've made pink and yellow chicken salad......but I'm not....so I didn't.  I, of course, forgot to take close ups of the food to share with you so you'll just have to trust me on some of these.  

Chicken Salad in Lettuce Cups:
4-5 chicken breasts
1 box chicken rice a roni
1 can artichoke hearts
1 pkg sliced or slivered almonds
1 can of black oives
1 bunch of green onions

Boil chicken breasts and shred.  Make rice a roni according to directions.  Cool.  Cut artichoke hearts and marinate in Italian dressing or buy artichoke hearts already marinated (drain).  Chop olives and onions and combine ingredients.  Add a little Italian dressing (2-3 shakes then taste) and mayonnaise (2-3 tablespoons then taste) and season to taste.  Serve hot or cold. 

I purchased mini romaine lettuce bundles from Costco for the lettuce cups.  They were the perfect size.  I used the leftover lettuce for salads the week following the party.  

Lemon Zest Cookies
Cream 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar
Add 2 eggs beat well
Add 1 tsp vanilla
Sift 2 cups flour (I don't own a sifter so I just tossed it around with a fork...same thing....kinda....but not really)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
Pinch salt

Mix in dry ingredients.  Chill overnight or several hours.  Roll out small sections 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter (I did butterflies and hearts).  Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet 8 -  10 minutes 350 degrees until firm to touch.  Ice with powdered sugar and milk and lemon flavoring to taste and sprinkle with sugar

~~~~

I borrowed both of these recipes from friends.  The remainder were from Pinterest.  Shocker!  I'm way too lazy to copy and paste them all so, here you go! Just click on the name for a link to the recipe.  

1.  Pink Lemonade Margarita Punch:  I changed this up a little bit so my guests wouldn't get shyt-faced and need to stay the night.  I added a can of frozen lemonade concentrate and 2 extra cans of water.  It was delicious from the fridge or blended for a frozen margarita.  

2.  Veggie Dip:  I put all my veggies in assorted glass jars from Dollar Tree, then saved one for the dip.  It was super cute, if I do say so myself.  

3.  Fruit Dip:  I did the fruit the exact same way as the veggies.  I put it on the opposite end of the table because I'm super OCD about symmetry.  This dip was uh-mazing and I was happy to have leftovers.  I used strawberry cream cheese but I think it would be delicious in any fruit flavor.  

4.  Chicken Caesar Salad Bites:  I've made these before and they are one of my faves.  You can make the parm crisps the day before to make your life easier.  Just make sure to hide them because you may or may not find yourself standing in the kitchen eating them while deciding how many you can eat before you need to run to the store and buy more cheese.  

5.  Mini Corndogs:  I wanted to make sure to have something that any kid would eat. Even the picky ones.  I'm pretty sure the adults ate most of these.  I used Jiffy mix and Hebrew National Weiners.  (hehe....weiner...hehe). I'm not a huge fan of hot dogs but the Hebrew National Weiners (hehe...weiners...hehe) have a TON of flavor. 

6.  15 Minute Black Bean and Corn Salsa:  It's easy and it's yummy.  Done and Done.

That's all folks!  Feel free to follow me on Pinterest.  I pin a bunch of stuff that I will never do....and a bunch of stuff that I will forever claim I didn't get from Pinterest.  

Tune in later this week for an update on my measurements and my inability to stay on the damn wagon. 
     


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment