Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year.....New ME

It’s so funny how much things have changed since welcoming Fluffette in to the world.  Case in point: New Year’s Eve.  Usually on New Year’s Eve I like to tie one on, get wasted and pass out (by 9pm).  New Years Day consists of laying around in pajamas and stating multiple times that I will NEVER drink again.  (which is, of course, never the case). 
Well this year we went to a friend’s house to ring in the New Year.  There were 3 couples total and we all have kids.  I drank some Champagne with Ginger Ale and frozen strawberries and a couple of beers.  I was “that girl” that tried to get everyone to play games all.night.long.  “Is Fluffette sleeping through the night?”  “yes, wanna play dominos?”  “Are you gonna go back to work?”  “I dunno.  Wanna play mad gab?”  and so on and so on.  By 11 pm, when we should all be drunk and playing charades, we were instead lounging on the couch, all looking at the clock wondering how the hell we were supposed to stay awake for a WHOLE ‘nother hour.  Longest hour ever.  Once the clock struck midnight, we all kissed (our spouses, perverts, not each other).  Then we immediately started loading up our kids to head home.  Oh how times have changed!!!
We still laid around in our pj’s on New Year’s Day and didn’t do much of anything.  I thought a lot about where I’d come from in my weight loss journey and where I want to be in 2013.  If you’ll remember, I shared my results in a previous post (click HERE to refresh your memory).  Not too shabby for a lazy girl, if I do say so myself.  I took new measurements this week and will share those with you momentarily.  Before you ask, the answer is NO.  I will NOT be sharing pictures in my sports bra.  I really wish you would just get over that. (rolling eyes).
First, I will share my goals (not resolutions, those are lame) for 2013:
1.     Run.  Remember that time I wrote that gut wrenching post, I Am Not A Runner, about my first 5k on Thanksgiving Day?  You know, the one that left you blowing snot bubbles from sobbing and shouting “GO FLUFFY GO” at your computer screen?  Remember how proud you were of me and that you then realized that I was pretty much the most amazing woman in the world?   (um….no…it was not THAT emotional, idiot)

(pause for dramatic effect)

Yeah…..well…..I haven’t run since then. (insert blushing smiley here)   So, this year I will start over on the Couch to 5k and complete 2 races. 
2.    Lose 30-40 pounds.  As you will see shortly, I am currently 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight.  I would LOVE to weigh in the 140s but I will be happier than Katie Holmes when her divorce from Tom Cruise was final (too soon?) if I can make it to the 150s. 
3.    Decide what I want to be when I grow up.  As I’ve mentioned before, I am a stay at home mom.  It is the hardest…and the funnest  (real word, I promise) job I’ve ever had but mama needs to make some money (to spend on manicures and tutu’s and other necessities like that).  I really love blogging but I’m not making any money at it.  Sooooo…it would be GREAT if you could each send me $50 a month to help me buy pointless items that I don’t need.  That’s like $150 a month if you all do it!  (high kick)  If you’d like my address to send me a check, please email me at inyourdreamsfluffy@notarealemail.com. 
4.    Stay Awesome
5.  Drink more water.  I drink way too much coffee and not enough H2O.  I'm going to try to drink 90 ounces of water daily.
I realize that’s a short list and I should include “be a better wife and mother”, “pay off debt”, “complete 500 random acts of kindess” and “adopt all of those dogs so Sarah McGlauklin (too lazy to see how her last name is actually spelled) will stop singing to us in that awful commercial” but I’m keepin’ it real and keepin’ it easy.  (twss)
Now it’s time for results!!!! 
Again, please check out my previous measurements so I don’t have to copy and paste them.  Here’s the link to that post:   The Results Are In
January 2, 2012
Weight: 180.8 (down 22.6 pounds since 9/12)
Chest: 38 (down 3 inches)
Arms: 13 (down 1 inch)
Waist: 33 (down 6.25 inches)
Hips: 43.5 (down 2.5 inches)
Thigh: 26.5 (down 2 inches)
Calf: 16 (down 1.75 inches)

And here are my picture updates in the goal jeans.  I gave up on the goal shirt because it’s a little too big up top and looks like complete shyt on me. 

I zipped those bytches!! 

Just kidding…..I tricked yo azz.  Those are the exact same jeans in a larger size.  Don’t even act like you don’t have the exact same pair of jeans in the “skinny self” version and the “bloated like a mug” version. 

Here’s the real pictures of the goal jeans… 



Just as a refresher, this is what these jeans looked like 4 months ago……



I may not be able to zip them and I may not be at my pre-pregnancy weight yet, but dammit……THIS IS PROGRESS!!  If I don’t watch out I’ll be running a 5k in my bikini this year.  (Double hair flip.) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recipe Roundup

I’ve decided that I’ll try at least one new recipe per week that I’ve pinned on Pinterest.  My Pinterest boards are out.of.control so I’m hoping I really eff most of them up so I can delete some (and then forget I deleted it and pin it again later) and clean up my Skinny Eats board.

This week I’ll share three recipes with you: (just click on the name for the link to the recipe)
1.     French Breakfast Muffins:  Make these immediately.  If you like cinnamon sugary goodness, then you will LOVE this recipe.  Best eaten warm (twss).  The recipe claims that if you use light butter and skim milk that these are only 121 calories each.  I choose not to believe that.  Please be prepared to eat all 12 in one sitting then immediately go to bed and try to sleep off your sugar coma.  Um….have you made them yet?????
2.     Skinny Sloppy Joes:  These are a little labor intensive with all the “mincing” involved but well worth it for a sloppy joe alternative.  Mr. Fluff ate three of them!  I served them with Alexia Onion Rings.  I LOVE all things Alexia brand.  They can be found in the freezer section and come in different varieties.
3.     Healthy Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet:  So glad I made this.  I added baked chicken to this recipe and it was VERY filling. 

I will leave you with this picture of me in some size 10 black skinny jeans from Old Navy.  SIZE 10 BYTCHES!!! (Style “Sweetheart” to accommodate my full thighs)



Stay Awesome,
Fluffy in Frisco

1 comment:

  1. I love this, and awesome pictures of the jeans- you are gonna get those bad boys on!

    ReplyDelete